Our 2010 Action
Under the slogan “Women on the March Until We are all Free!”, the Third International Action will be organized around two prominent moments:
- The first one from 8th – 18th March, with regional marches of different types, forms, colours, and rhythms that will also mark the 100-year anniversary of the Declaration of International Women’s Day, called by delegates of the 2nd International Conference of Socialist Women in Copenhaguen, in 1910;
- Simultaneous marches and actions in the countries will mark the second moment, from 13 to 17th October, with an international meeting point in Sud Kivu, Democratic Republic of the Congo, as a way to express international solidarity with women leaving in conflict situation and to strengthen women’s protagonism in the resolution of conflicts. This action in Sud Kivu will close the WMW Third International Action.
In addition to these two big moments, actions in regional level, putting together women from different countries from the same continent, will be organized in Asia/Oceania (from 12-14th May, in Philippines), Europe (in 30th June, in Turkey) and the Americas (from 16th-23rd August, in Colombia).
In each country, mobilization is prepared around demands and commitments in the four action areas of the WMW:
Graphic materials for actions (photos, sticker, poster, video, ... )
1. National actions carried out during 2010
- Details on actions in the countries of Africa, Americas, Asia and Europe.
- Texts on the 100th anniversary of the declaration of the International Women´s Day
- SOF (2000) International woman’s day: in search for the lost memory
3. Closure of international action in Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo
Documents related to the event in Bukavu:
- Assessment of the Third International Action of the WMW
- Women’s Manifesto for Peace
- Debate Panels established links between systems that generate violence against women and poverty
- Delegation of the World March of Women in Mwenga and Kasika
- Manifestation with more than 20 thousand women closes the Third International Action